First impressions matter, despite the fact that nobody likes to think about them. A beautiful smile gives you the impression that you are real, self-assured, and trustworthy, whether you are in a job interview or out on a first date. Sadly, a lot of people’s teeth are not in the best of shape. Porcelain veneers in Saskatoon can help if yours are stained, crooked, yellowed, or worn down. See how veneers can make your smile more attractive.
Why You Might Need Porcelain Veneers
Prior to having veneers applied, any oral health problems you may have, such as tooth decay or gum disease,will be treated by your dentist near you. Several aesthetic problems with teeth can be resolved by porcelain veneers, including:
- Wear and tear – Teeth naturally deteriorate with time due to wear and tear. If you frequently chew on ice or pens or use your teeth as a tool, yours may deteriorate more quickly than usual.
- Minor fracturing – Teeth can crack or chip as a result of a sports injury, a fall, or other minor trauma. Porcelain veneers can conceal small fractures, but substantial damage needs to be repaired.
- Discoloration – Excessive fluoridation, root canals, massive fillings, or even specific drugs can cause severe staining or discoloration in a lot of people. Porcelain veneers can cover up dental discoloration if teeth whitening is unable to treat it.
- Teeth that are misshapen or uneven – Truly perfect teeth are incredibly uncommon. If yours are uneven or malformed, porcelain veneers might make them look better.
- Minor gaps or crookedness – You could need orthodontic treatment if your teeth are seriously out of place. However, porcelain veneers are a great technique to cover up slight gaps and crookedness.
Veneers Can Be Personalized
Every patient receives individually made veneers that are installed during the appointment. It is confirmation that you will receive a course of therapy created especially for you, taking into account both your individual needs and aspirations.
Veneers made of ultra-thin porcelain are tooth-colored to blend in with the rest of your natural teeth. Depending on whether your teeth are cracked, chipped, or fractured, you may need a single veneer or many placements. Additionally, it is possible to get porcelain veneers near you to improve your smile.
Are Veneers Costly?
The type of material you select for the placements will affect the cost of the veneers. While porcelain veneers are more expensive, composite veneers are more cost-effective. However, the two have different levels of durability because, with regular dental care, porcelain veneers can last for 10 to 15 years, while composite resin veneers need to be replaced after about 5 to 6 years. When you talk about these alternatives at the dental clinic during your initial appointment, the dentist in Saskatoon will give you an estimate for the costs.
Steps Involved in Getting Veneers
Do the difficulties that come with obtaining veneers worry you? Put your worries away because obtaining veneers is a quick, painless, and non-invasive operation.
Your dentist will place veneers on your front teeth, removing half a millimeter of enamel from each tooth to make room for the placements. For the dental laboratory to prepare the veneers, which typically takes approximately a week, impressions of your teeth are obtained. You will be given temporary veneers to preserve your teeth until your new placements are delivered. Your teeth are cleaned at your second appointment before the veneers are applied. With the new placements on your teeth, you’ll have a smile when you leave the dental clinic.
Are You Ready to Finally Get Started?
Call us here at Lakewood Dental to make an appointment if you’re searching for compassionate, highly personalized, cutting-edge dental care in Saskatoon. Our team is excited to work with you soon!